ALERT - COVID-19
For current information regarding COVID-19 click here
For DoD specific COVID-19 guidance click here
For Navy specific COVID-19 guidance click here
For up-to-date FAQs DON COVID-19 Consolidated FAQs 08May2020.pdf
In response to the rapidly evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, we want to assure you that the health and well-being of our team is our first priority. Please direct any inquiries to the CIVMAR Support Center at email@example.com.
Where to Send Your Promotion Opportunity Application
Please be sure to send your Promotion Opportunity Application to MSC_POAinbox@us.navy.mil. We are unable to receive emails sent to the previous group box.
LEAVE UPON TRANSFER
- Upon discharge from ship tour and before authorized leave expires, CIVMARs are to communicate with the CIVMAR Support Center (CSC) that will convey to respective Marine Placement Specialist (MPS) via email, facsimile, or telephone and submit a “Request for Leave or Approved Absence (OPM 71)” with medical documentation as apropos when additional vacation time or sick leave is desired.
- Upon discharge from ship tour and before returning for duty from vacation, CIVMARs are to communicate with the CSC that will convey to respective MPS via e-mail, facsimile, or telephone with regard to administrative requirements (i.e. medical surveillance programs, professional credentials, etc.) that need to be reviewed and accomplished.
- Report to CSU for duty on that Sunday (if residence is outside of 50 miles) or Monday (if residence is within 50 miles) with copies of all training certificates, passport, credentials, and etc. Note: If Monday is a holiday, then shift report for duty dates by one day.
DEATH OF A CIVMAR
To report the death of a CIVMAR, call 24 hours a day 757-434-0595.
MERIT PROMOTIONS VIRTUAL PRESENTATIONS/TRAINING
Virtual Merit Promotion Training Presentation Schedule
Please register/sign-in prior to start time as the training sessions will being promptly as noted below.
November 16th, 11am (Est) / 8am (Pst): Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIocuCorDovGNKTWYWjLt1Xb8tHM1D6SlSt
December 14th, 11am (Est) / 8am (Pst): Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZItdO-rrzsqH9xZuDgmm9Sbb7IpCzulMUM1
Please send ALL POA applications to MSC_POAinbox@us.navy.mil
Did You Know?
CIVMARS retiring from Critical / Hard to Fill positions may be eligible for rehire under the Reemployed Annuitant Program. This program allows a retiree the opportunity to continue to serve while drawing full annuity payments. There are some limitations to the program, such as:
- Annuitant appointment must advance the DONs critical mission needs
- Positions are typically temporary or term – and time limits may not be waived
- Annuitants with veterans preference may be appointed to a permanent appointment if reached through competitive examining procedures
- Applicants must qualify for and have held the grade or pay band of the position
Contact the CIVMAR Support Center at 1-800-793-5784 for more information.
EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS CDO
In the case of an emergency after close of the CSC in the evening (between the hours of 2000 - 0700 EST), on the weekend or over a holiday, call the MSC CDO at 757-434-2752.
NOTICE: This site is for currently employed MSC Civil Service Mariners.
Military Sealift Command exists to support the joint warfighter across the full spectrum of military operations. Our mission is timeless and essential. Regardless of the challenge, we prevail! Working seamlessly with key partners to master the maritime and cyber domains, MSC provides on-time logistics, strategic sealift, as well as specialized missions anywhere in the world, under any condition, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Whether you are a current CIVMAR or are interested in becoming one, you may have questions. Supporting you and providing answers is one of MSC’s main objectives. To assist in answering your questions and helping you along the way, we have compiled the below resources.
Get the support you need from the CIVMAR Support Center
CIVMAR Support Unit Check in Process
You must be FFD or FFD/R prior to CSU check in
CSU-W is currently having you report in person for check in. Following check in you will email muster between 0630 – 0730 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSU-E is currently closed, however they are having CIVMARs report to the hotel (unless you are local) and email muster between 0630 – 0730 at email@example.com.
To make hotel reservations, please contact the following:
East Coast CIVMARs:
0730 - 1530 EST Monday through Friday
West Coast CIVMARs:
0730 - 1530 PST Monday through Friday
Helping our CIVMARs take command of their careers is important to us.
Search the Site
Search the website for forms, positions, and other information