USCG/National Maritime Center
- USCG Training Courses
- How to renew your Merchant Mariner Credentials
- USCG Regional Examination Centers
- Tankerman PIC Requirements and Sample Letter
Transportation Workers Identification Credentials
- Drug Free Letters - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sea Service Letters - email: email@example.com
- MMC Renewal
- MMC Application Status
- Passport Renewal
Passport Services will serve mariners who urgently need a passport for international voyages, and whose current valid passport expires in 13 months or less. Passport Notice to Mariners for Renewal
Instructions for Urgent Assistance
If you have not already applied for a passport:
Contact the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 and identify yourself as a mariner who urgently needs to apply for (or renew) a passport.
The Duty Officer will take your information and schedule an appointment at the nearest passport agency.
In addition to your passport application materials, described on travel.state.gov, you will also need to submit a letter from your employer or your U.S. mariners union, on company letterhead that includes the below. This letter will be provided to you by your detailer.
- Your name
- Date of your next voyage and duration of the voyage
- Printed name and title of your supervisor or mariners union representative
- Signature of your supervisor or mariners union representative
- Date the letter was issued
Make a clear copy of your Merchant Mariner Credential (MCC) to include with your application.
Bring the application, required documents, and the passport fee that includes the $60 expedited fee with you to your appointment.
If you have already applied for your passport but have not received it, contact the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 and identify yourself as a mariner who has already applied and urgently need your passport. The Duty Officer will provide further instructions and the passport agency will contact you to coordinate the delivery or pickup of the completed passport.
Requests for Sea Service Letter
To request Sea Service Letters, email the POC at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To expedite your requests, please provide your full name and the position you sailed in. Please provide the name of the ship or ships for the letters you are missing. Scanned copies will be sent by email and hard copies will be mailed when a mailing address is provided.
- CSRS - Civil Service Retirement Act
- FERS Retirement
- Federal News Radio podcasts and Q&A on retirement
- Military time buy-back
- OPM - Office of Personnel Management
- RAPIDS - Make a CAC appointment (Must be on a CAC enabled system to access)
- Social Security Administration (Must have log-in)
- TSP - Thrift Savings Program (Must know your TSP number or User name)
- TWMS - Official Navy record (Must be on a CAC enabled system to access)
New Employee Orientation
- CIVMAR Handbook
- Security Video
- Cybersecurity Brief
- Ethics Brief
- Labor and Employee Relations NEO Brief
- Medical Brief
- MP Presentation Revised
- Safety Brief
- Safety Management Brief
- Travel Brief
- Workforce Development Brief