Join the Recruitment Team
As the largest employer of US Merchant Mariners, Military Sealift Command (MSC) offers competitive and first class opportunities to our civil service mariner (CIVMAR) employees. Total Force Management (TFM) is working hard to address and lay to rest the ghosts of our past so that we are ready for the big opportunities on the horizon in our continued service to the U.S. Navy and the entire Department of Defense.While we do not claim to be perfect, we continue to complete action items to support the CIVMAR, be innovative in addressing challenges, to be communicative with you and all parts of our workforce and to push hard to move our ships and processes forward.
We are asking for your help to help address these ghosts and build awareness of careers in the maritime industry, specifically at MSC. We want to provide you tools and resources you can use to help build awareness for MSC and seagoing careers.
Prospect for us.
Share with people who we are and what our opportunities are like. We need to hire both experienced individuals with talent and those who have never been to sea but know what it means to work hard and who want to cultivate new opportunities for themselves. And you will benefit. MSC's Referral Bonus Program will reward you for the referrals you make to the organization.
1. You can share our jobs with those in the industry or friends and acquaintances.
All open jobs are posted at Sealiftcommand.com. We have competitive recruitment sign on bonuses for many positions. Share these opportunities.
2. You can encourage people to come to our job fairs across the country.
3. You can share our Top 6 priorities and how we are working to eliminate our overdue vacancies.
4. You can visit area high schools, sea cadet programs, or other groups helping youth find out about maritime career opportunities.
We will provide you with a presentation, brochures and giveaway items. To request any of that, please reach out to the Marine Employment Division Recruitment Coordinator, Lance Bankhead.
5. You can post on your social media channels and help build awareness of the good things happening at MSC OR you can share our posts that we share on Facebook.
MSC Delivers is our Facebook page. We work to share exciting content there. Word of mouth referrals and support of the opportunities that Command offers for prospective mariners is critical. Your words matter in helping us find new employees.
6. You can provide points of contacts for where the Command could develop recruiting relationships.
Email those ideas to email@example.com.
7. If you are a member of a group that you think can help spread the word in the community, let us know.
We will gladly look into how we can help support the group and advertise the positions to the membership.